Sunday, July 30, 2006

Think About It!!

This is something I have been thinking about for a little a while now.Are we growing up too fast?Are we too preoccupied with becoming adults?So much so that we forget to be children?But then again,maybe that's just part of maturing.But still,does that meanwe are maturing.But still, does that mean we are maturing too fast?If we're already mature,when are we going to enjoy the immature irresponsibility of child hood? My head is spinning.
One question I'd like to ask everyone. Are relationships in school actually meaningful?I don't mean friendly relationships,I mean girl-boy relationships. Do we even know what real affection and love is? What is the point of the whole exercise. Sometimes is sad to hear people breaking up.....(you know who you are)......
If you think there are going to be some answers after this, you are wrong.I don't have any answers to those questions. Why are we snowed under with work, that we don't have any time to play? Isn't that reserved for grown ups?We prepare so much for the future that we forget about the present.The present just becomes a backward extension of the future.We want to get into a good college, to get a good job, to earn money,to support our families and take care of their futures. At every point in our lives, we are looking at the future, without bothering about the present.That's why small things irritate us because they obstruct our view of the future. We need to live in the present sometimes, to ensure life doesn't just go past in a mindless haze,where we move from one way to another.
Pardon me for sounding unrealistic,but,if you look at it logically,the future is our only source of worry. Why do we dwell on it so much? Why are we so willing to think about worries ?Sometimes, when I have a lot of work to do, and there's a lot of pressure on my head, I just stop whatever i'm doing and go do something completely different. Sure, I get blasted later, but, I'm not too scared of a blasting once in a while, and I do have fun in the intermediate period.On the other hand , if I finish my work,I go to school next day, submit it, feel happy,and then go home with more work..
I may have exaggerated here and there, but you get the picture. I feel, we give too much weight to the future, which is absolutely uncertain whatever we try to do about it. Why can't we try and leave some things to chance, things which are decided by chance anyway?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey. About growing up too fast, I'm not so sure.
But I have something to say about 'love'. At this age... I don't think ppl know what 'love' really is. I think we'll have to be older to understand that. Love is patient and kind. You know, some ppl go crying coz they break up. But if you think about it, its not like they're getting married or something. I even consider myself still a child. Of course, at this time, dating and relationships are normal. I have nothing againsnt that. Its perfectly alright. But placing that as the first priority in life at this age is just silly. Some ppl are just toooo desperate. If you ask me, I know why though. Its all about the feeling of being accepted by someone. Being loved my someone. So they tend to turn to other ppl like bf's and gf's. Love is important... very actually, but turning to the wrong side will makes one feel worse. Dont you think so? Only the love of God will explain. Be wise...
*No names mentioned, I'm just giving a rough idea*

11:29 PM  
Blogger liya said...

YES..i agree with u ..sometimes we end up being silly..life is like that..i suppose."But placing that as the first priority in life at this age is just silly."..ermm that's a good one,eva..and yah probably you are the one leaving comment in my blog..thank u and.. i do appreciate that.
much love....

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, no worries darlin'! I'd rather be reading mature posts than junk emails!!! LOL!

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home