Thursday, August 17, 2006

" A walk to remember"

Hey everyone....
I just got back from school.Since my school life are such a big part of my life(school starts at 7.30a.m and ends at 1.10 p.m) , 6 hours per day, 30 hours per week excluding saturday and sunday. I thought I'd give all you people who are jobless enough to read my blog an insight into my school life, so you may also experience the"joy" I do throughout my 6 hours school per day.
My school is located right beside "Jabatan Filem Negara". As my classroom is situated 2 to 3 km(am not exaggerating) away from the school gate, so I have to force myself to walk to my classroom. I am greeted warmly by the aroma of rubbish bin (stinks) wafting through my nostrils. As I approach my class,this smell becomes so overpowering that I am forced to pinch my nose as hard as I can to avoid passing out. I run to my classroom as fast as possible.can I despite the feelings of nausea and dizzyness that overcome me. On the rare occasions that I don't pass out due to these overwhelming sensations ,I proceed to the class doorstep and enter the class. The room in which the actual"teaching" is conducted is roughly the size of a (never-mind-I-don't -want-to-mention-it)..There is no toilet nearby our classroom.DAMN! *note this down..(If u want to go to the toilet u have to walk another 2 km way from the classroom). There is some sort of device attached to the ceiling which spins around and around (the teacher continuously refer to this object as a fan).This always puzzled me, as even though it looks somewhat like a fan.it's function seems to be in no way related to a that of a fan. There are 17 students in my class and guess who is the class monitor? Well..err..yEAH IT'S ME!! so get the picture ,how noisy the class will be if there's no teacher in the class? ha..ha..ha..and yah before I forget there are hell loads of mosquitos.(arghhh..).
Anyway ... once the teacher's starts teaching , my eyes slowly close.Its as if suddenly, there are heavy stones in my eyelids and I just CAN NOT keep my eyes open. I try my hardest to force them open but it doesn't work. With my eyes closed, I try to take down notes in my notebook. The teacher keeps looking at me and asking me if I understood.With a great deal of effort, I force my eyes open and look at her and surprisingly , manage a half a node. And so class proceeds. Invariably, I awaken sometime in the middle of the class, when she announces a test. I very enthusiastically join the rest of the class in their attempts to persuade her not to conduct any such test.Once this discussion is concluded, and a test date is announced, the stones somehow work their way back into my eyelides, and I gradually fall back into my usual state of half-sleep. Each 6 hour class feels like a year atleast.
Now THAT's what I call learning!! :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home